The Kappa Psi International Pharmaceutical Fraternity, founded in 1879, is the oldest and largest pharmaceutical fraternity. The mission of Kappa Psi is to be involved in the community through professional activities, to foster scholarship and pharmaceutical research, and to mutually benefit all of its members through industry, sobriety, fellowship, and high ideals.
Kappa Psi was started at Russell Military Academy in New Haven Connecticut, by the founding brother Mr. F. Harvey Smith. At present day, there are 73 active collegiate chapters and 52 graduate chapters of Kappa Psi.
The Theta Chapter of Kappa Psi was installed at the Medical College of Virginia Campus of Virginia Commonwealth University School of Pharmacy on July 30, 1921. We are in Province III and remain one of two all male chapters within our Province.